Custom Sensory Spaces
Created For Learning
Expert help to incorporate Motor Labs, Sensory Paths & Sensory Spaces into the school campus to promote learning readiness for all students.
Solve problems before they start
with Custom Sensory Spaces!
Just like we all need a balanced diet for our bodies to be healthy, we all need a balanced sensory diet for our minds and bodies to be able to learn. Many students in the general population are lacking the sensory and motor skills to sit and focus, hold a pencil, follow directions, read or write. Building the foundational skills for learning can easily be incorporated into the school routine and school campus, plus it is fun for students!
What to consider when selecting a sensory space
What is your goal for the space? Who are the intended users? What kind of equipment are you planning to have in the space? All of these questions and more should be considered.
TheraPower will Expertly Design Your Sensory Space with Your Needs in Mind:
• Customized Designs: Support curriculum, maximize sensory stimulation, aesthetically pleasing
• Fit Any Budget, large or small
• Utilize Your Space: use the space you have, such as hallways, stage, gym, sidewalks, library
• Multi-Use: Sensory Spaces can can be used for more than one purpose such as, Indoor Recess, Sensory Breaks, Calming or Alerting Spaces and more…
• Motor Labs: Expertly designed for increasing sensory & motor skills that improve learning, reading & writing
• Sensory Paths: Indoor or Outdoor
• Sensory Rooms: Calming or Alerting Spaces
• Sensory Corners: Helpful for every classroom
• Helping You To Utilize Universal Design for Learning
• Universal Programs for All Students to Access
Have something else in mind? Contact me!
Custom Motor Labs
Motor Labs are used to build the motor and sensory skills needed to build a firm foundation for learning. Many typical children are lacking the motor and sensory skills to perform well in school. It is difficult to hold a pencil correctly when the hand is lacking strength. A child can’t sit still if they lack body awareness or postural control. Good handwriting is impossible without good visual motor skills. These are just a few of the many skills that can be gained in an expertly designed and organized motor lab.
Allow me to consult with you to locate a space, the right design and fun equipment to fit your student’s needs. I will also provide expert training for your staff to keep it well organized and running smoothly. Motor Labs can be part of the special class rotation or used as a brain break by the whole class. Motor Labs are fantastic for indoor recess too. It is also a great space for sensory breaks for those individual students needing a sensory diet or when someone needs an active break to get their day back on track. Students look forward to Motor Lab and it is easy to incorporate academics for a great motor learning experience! Jump to math facts or spelling words! Skip count while marching on a balance path, say the alphabet while jumping on a mini-trampoline or crawl through a phonics path. Motor learning uses “whole brain” learning, so students are learning faster and retaining more information while gaining sensory and motor skills!